Baptist Health Louisville and Baptist Health La Grange have combined efforts to create a new chemotherapy/infusion center at Baptist Health Eastpoint, located at 2400 Eastpoint Parkway, Suite 310. This full-service cancer program provides patients with a local treatment option for chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and medical oncology/hematology.
The new chemotherapy/infusion center will include:
- 10 exam rooms
- 12 recliners and 4 beds, 16 total stations, for chemotherapy
- 2 Consultants in Blood Disorders/Cancers (CBC) oncologists available to patients 5 days a week
- On-site pharmacy
John L. Huber Jr., MD, Medical Director of Baptist Health Medical Group CBC Group: Consultants in Blood Disorders and Cancer, notes the positive impact of the expansion. “Baptist Eastpoint was a great choice for us and our patients. Not only will patients have the benefit of visiting our colleagues in Radiation Oncology, but the convenience of CT, MRI, Doppler studies, and other specialties offered at the same location. I can’t say enough about Baptist Health Louisville’s leaders who decided to expand laboratory capability there to provide the rapid turnaround we need in oncology and hematology.”
Input from experienced staff, nurses and pharmacists were incorporated into the design of the project to ensure the patients will benefit from a convenient, comfortable and healing environment. Construction of the 9,300 square foot center at began in August 2015 and was recently completed.
Latest posts by Sally McMahon (see all)
- UK Center of Excellence in Rural Health releases research report on COVID-19 stakeholder experiences in Kentucky - March 23, 2021
- March of Dimes and Anthem Foundation Tackle Inequity in Maternal Healthcare in Kentucky - March 23, 2021
- Peer review privilege in Kentucky: A revolution in public policy - March 22, 2021