Frazier Rehab Institute, part of KentuckyOne Health, has received national certification to offer the STAR Program (Survivorship Training and Rehabilitation), a nationally recognized program focused on caring for cancer survivors.
The goal of the STAR program is to minimize the side effects of cancer treatments. STAR program treats a variety of cancer related symptoms and conditions such as pain, fatigue, memory and concentration issues, swallowing and speech problems and lymphedema.
“It is our mission to provide patients with the best care available,” said Mark Milburn, vice president, cancer care, KentuckyOne Health. “Offering the STAR program to compliment our cancer care services in the Louisville market.”
Approximately 40 staff members from locations throughout Louisville and Southern Indiana have received special certification to treat patients through the STAR Program.
“We are thankful for the dedication of our staff who elected to complete additional training and certification in order for us to offer the STAR program for cancer survivors,” said Randy Napier, president, Frazier Rehab Institute and Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital. “This STAR program offers many benefits to our patients and we are pleased to provide increased access to this specialized care throughout Louisville and Southern Indiana.”
STAR Program therapies will be offered at Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital in New Albany, KentuckyOne Healthy Lifestyle Centers and multiple Frazier Rehab Institute locations including:
· Frazier Rehab Institute located at 220 Abraham Flexner Way
· Frazier Rehab Institute at Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital (4402 Churchman Ave., Suite 106)
· Frazier Rehab Institute at Medical Center Jewish Northeast (2401 Terra Crossing Blvd. Suite 204)
· Frazier Rehab Institute at Medical Center Jewish East (3920 Dutchmans Lane)
· Frazier Rehab Institute at Medical Center Jewish Southwest (9700 Stonestreet Road)
· Healthy Lifestyle Center Downtown (250 East Liberty, Suite 102)
· Healthy Lifestyle Center at Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital (4402 Churchman Ave.)
· Healthy Lifestyle Center at Medical Center Jewish Northeast (2401 Terra Crossing Blvd.)
· Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital (3104 Blackiston Blvd., New Albany, IN)
Julia Silver, M.D., an assistant professor at Harvard Medical School and breast cancer survivor, developed the STAR cancer rehab program in 2009. Silver recognized the need for specialized therapy for cancer survivors to help them regain strength and wellness following treatment.
STAR certification is the gold standard in cancer rehab for hospitals and cancer centers.
Latest posts by chelsea (see all)
- UK, Norton announce new partnership - May 27, 2014
- UofL Physicians to hold designer eyewear trunk show - May 27, 2014
- KentuckyOne Health appoints director of healthy lifestyle centers - May 27, 2014