The Kentucky Life Sciences Council (KLSC), in collaboration with the Spina Bifida Association of Kentucky (SBAK), the Alliance for Patient Access, and the National Association of Nutrition and Aging Services Programs presented Congressman Brett Guthrie with the “2015 Medicare Part D Patient Access Champion Award” today. The Congressman received the award for his unwavering efforts to protect the health benefits of Kentucky’s seniors.
KLSC advocates for policies that bolster the life science environment in Kentucky. Along with that work, the organization aims to support policies that increase innovation in the life sciences sector while promoting patient access to those innovations – including access to medication.
“The Medicare Part D program is an essential one to providing access to medications for seniors while improving the overall healthcare environment by functioning effectively and efficiently” said Kyle Keeney, President and CEO of the Kentucky Life Sciences Council. “As such, it is our pleasure to present this award to Congressman Brett Guthrie who has demonstrated a commitment to protecting the program and Kentucky seniors.”
50 members of Congress from 29 states, including both republications and democrats, were selected to receive the award. Criteria for the award included:
- ?Providing leadership in Congress to protect Medicare Part D on behalf of millions of American seniors and their families.
- Preserving a vast selection of health coverage options for seniors so that they may choose the best plan for their health needs.
- Demonstrating a continued commitment to protect the doctor/patient relationship for seniors.
Latest posts by Ben Keeton (see all)
- UK Markey Cancer Center and Mercy Health – Lourdes Hospital Announce Affiliation - January 16, 2020
- Kentuckians Deserve the Right Solution for Surprise Billing - October 23, 2019
- Evolent Health Expands Partnership with Passport Health Plan - May 29, 2019