Each year, King’s Daughters Volunteer Auxiliary provides thousands of dollars in funding to support dozens of KDMC community programs and health initiatives that benefit underserved individuals and families throughout the region.
King’s Daughters Auxiliary recently announced community projects that will receive $205,000 in funding for fiscal year 2013, including:
• $50,000 for KDMC’s Mobile Health Unit and mobile health initiatives
• $28,800 for the medical center’s newborn car seat safety program
• $25,000 for King’s Daughters emergency medication fund
• $13,000 to the Heart and Vascular Center for dental care for the uninsured
• $12,000 for King’s Daughters financial assistance program
• $10,000 for power mobility lifts for vehicles
“KDMC’s Auxiliary volunteers truly have the biggest heart,” said Beverly Workman, Home Medical Equipment. “They make it possible for so many of our customers to maintain their independence safely and to obtain medically necessary items their insurance will not cover.”
Other projects that will be supported by Auxiliary funding FY 2013 include a diabetes support group for youth through King’s Daughters Center for Healthy Living, supplies for KDMC’s Kid’s Closet, community reintegration outings and activities through KDMC’s Rehabilitation and Transitional Care Unit, the KDMC Patient Special Needs Fund, and the purchase of teddy bears for pediatric surgery patients at King’s Daughters.
The Auxiliary generates funds to support these programs primarily from KDMC Gift Shop sales as well as book, jewelry and handbag sales events at King’s Daughters.
“The Auxiliary has been an invaluable part of the medical center for more than 55 years,” said Anne Sloan, Volunteer Services director. “More than 220 volunteer on a weekly basis, and the Auxiliary is one of the largest contributors to the Hospitality House. We truly appreciate their dedication to the medical center and our community.”
Latest posts by chelsea (see all)
- UK, Norton announce new partnership - May 27, 2014
- UofL Physicians to hold designer eyewear trunk show - May 27, 2014
- KentuckyOne Health appoints director of healthy lifestyle centers - May 27, 2014