The Sullivan College of Pharmacy graduated 97 students during commencement ceremonies held June 14 in the Block Auditorium at Southeast Christian Church.
Dr. Cathy Hanna, President of the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy and Vice President of Professional Affairs for the American Pharmacy Services Corp., delivered the commencement address.
“Those in your care are not appointments, clients, visits, units, occurrences or customers, hey are your patients,” College of Pharmacy Dean Dr. Walter Soja told the graduates. “They represent the sum total of your focus, attention and care. You are their advocate and pharmacist. Your duty to them comes without a clock—it demands constant research and education and it requires compassion and understanding. It never goes on break.”
Bryana Swearingen was honored as Class Valedictorian; other graduates recognized during commencement were:
- Summa Cum Laude: Jade Camille Ashley; Mary Virginia Bystrek; Gina Rae Hall; Christine Hoffman; John Paul Holston; Autumn Danielle Miller; Karen Hoang Nguyen; Michaela DeeAnn Richardson; Viktoriya Skekhovtsova; Danielle Alexandra Shoemaker; Bryana Swearingen; Uchenna Collins Udeze; Corey Thomas Willinger; Lindsay Brooke Wilson.
- Magna Cum Laude: Ashley Calvert; Lauryn Cyrus; Shaina Scarlett Doyen; Linda Le; Katie Elizabeth Martin; Jesica Thomason Mills; Leslie Nguyen; Lisa Willinger.
- Cum Laude: Lauren Paige Christian; Brandi A. Corbett; David Curry; Brent J. Hall; Preston Tyler Kohari; Lance R. Murphy; Drew Napper; Jason Edward Newton; Kacy Nguyen; Anthony E. Ornduff; Sherry Rosas; Olivia Simpson; Lindsay Erin Timmons; Ryan Timmons; Vy Tran; Amelia Wiechart; Michael Witt.
- Combined Doctor of Pharmacy/Master of Business Administration: Jade Camille Ashley; Harold Barrantes; Ashley Calvert; Lauryn Cyrus; Manuel Francia; Christine Hoffman; John Paul Holston; Katie Elizabeth Martin; Jesica Thomason Mills; Anthony E. Ornduff; Danielle Alexandra Shoemaker; Bryana Swearingen; Uchenna Udeze.
At the 2014 Graduation Gala held earlier in the month, several graduates were honored with the following awards from state and national organizations:
Eli Lilly Achievement Award (Awarded to the Class Valedictorian): Bryana Swearingen.
- 2014 Excellence in Public Health Pharmacy Practice Award: Amelia Mae Wiechart.
- American Pharmacists Association/Academy of Students Pharmacists National Patient Counseling Award: Lance R. Murphy.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Clinical Skills Competition: Uchenna Udeze; Linda Le.
- Kentucky Society of Health-System Pharmacists Student Pharmacist Award: Amy Cowan.
- American College of Clinical PharmacyClinical Pharmacy Challenge Awards: John Paul Holston; Corey Thomas Willinger; Lisa Willinger.
- Teva Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Viktoriya Shekhovtsova.
- Mylan Excellence in Pharmacy Award: John Paul Holston.
Sullivan University College of Pharmacy graduated its Inaugural Class of Doctor of Pharmacy in June, 2011.
Latest posts by Ben Keeton (see all)
- Kentucky-based EmsanaRx, PBC Announces Corporate Name Change to AffirmedRx, PBC - May 17, 2023
- Indiana life sciences companies raise significant venture dollars - April 27, 2023
- Columbus health tech company to power Uber Health’s same day prescription service focused on post-discharge drug needs - April 27, 2023