Passport Health Plan, a non-profit, community-based Medicaid health plan based in Louisville, Kentucky, is pleased to announce that Mr. Henry “Sonny” Altman, Jr. has been elected as the Chairman of its Board of Directors at its recent annual board meeting.
Mr. Altman is the Owner of Altman Consulting LLC following over 40 years of experience as a Certified Public Accountant, serving as the President and Managing Director of the Deming, Malone, Livesay & Ostroff Certified Public Accountant firm. He has been Director of Almost Family Inc., since November 3, 2004 and currently serves on the boards of Nucleus (Formally Louisville Medical Center Development Corporation), Kentucky Cancer Foundation, Community Foundation of Louisville, American Hospital Association Trustee Leadership Network, and the Louisville Orchestra Foundation. Previously, he served as a Director of Republic BanCorp., Inc. and Republic Bank & Trust Company. In 2003, Mr. Altman was honored with the Metro United Way’s Community Solutions Health Leadership Award.
Mr. Altman is replacing the outgoing Chairman, Mr. William B. Wagner who will remain on the Board of Directors representing the Louisville Primary Care Association. “We appreciate Mr. Wagner’s sixteen (16) years of service and leadership serving on the Board and we appreciate his continuing commitment to Passport Health Plan. Mr. Wagner assumed the chairmanship during a challenging time and he found the time to work tirelessly with all of us to improve our organization. At the same time, he made sure Family Health Centers continued to meet the needs of the growing number of medically-underserved people in our community.” said Mark B. Carter, Chief Executive Officer of Passport Health Plan.
Other officers elected during the annual board meeting include:
• Venkat Sharma as the Vice Chairman. Mr. Sharma is the founder of iMedX, Inc. a national healthcare information technology company, and is a member of the Passport Health Plan’s Board of Directors. Prior to iMedX, Mr. Sharma founded another Information technology company, helping the company through a merger and initial public offering. His experience includes working for IBM on software development, and he managed online services for a 3M subsidiary. Mr. Sharma also serves on the Board of The JJ Metta Foundation, a charitable organization for children in need. Mr. Sharma received his Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Birla Institute of Technology and Science (India), and a Master’s degree in Management from Clemson University.
• Allan Tasman, MD as the Treasurer. Dr. Tasman is Professor and Chair of Psychiatry and Schwab Endowed Chair in Social, Community, and Family Psychiatry at UL. He has received a number of national and international awards recognizing his advocacy for patient centered care within an integrative bio-psycho-social framework and for psychiatric education. In addition to his leadership role in conceptualizing and developing Passport in the early 1990’s, his community activities also include service on the board of directors of the Area Wide Alcohol/Drugs Rehabilitation Education Coalition, Actors Theatre, and chairman for the Mayor’s Drug Abuse Treatment Summit. Dr. Tasman received distinguished alumnus awards from Franklin and Marshall College and UK School of Medicine, and is a two time recipient of the UL President’s Award for Distinguished Faculty Service.
The Board of Directors is a broad coalition of Plan sponsors, advocates and Community-at-Large representatives with the general oversight of the Plan’s operations.
Latest posts by chelsea (see all)
- UK, Norton announce new partnership - May 27, 2014
- UofL Physicians to hold designer eyewear trunk show - May 27, 2014
- KentuckyOne Health appoints director of healthy lifestyle centers - May 27, 2014