Passport Health Plan has been awarded a Statewide Medicaid Contract by the Commonwealth of Kentucky to administer Medicaid benefits for the next year, effective July 1.
Passport Health Plan is Kentucky’s only nonprofit Medicaid health plan and has been administering Medicaid benefits to Kentuckians for nearly 20 years. The provider-sponsored, community-based health plan was named the #19 Medicaid health plan in the United States and the top Medicaid plan ranked in Kentucky by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for 2014-15. Passport Health Plan has been contracted with Kentucky’s Cabinet for Health and Family Services to administer Medicaid benefits since 1997 and has been serving the entire Commonwealth since January 1, 2014. The contract period is from July 1, 2015, through June 30, 2016, with four (4) annual renewal periods.
“We are very pleased that the Commonwealth has awarded this contract to us and we appreciate their confidence in our service to Medicaid members across Kentucky,” said Passport Health Plan CEO Mark B. Carter. “We look forward to continuing to serve as Kentucky’s only non-profit, provider-sponsored Medicaid health plan for many more years.”
The mission of Passport Health Plan is to improve the health and quality of life of its members, which currently number more than 250,000. The company has a number of programs to serve its members, including:
• Mommy Steps – A program to help pregnant women ensure a healthy pregnancy by facilitating regular doctor visits, healthy eating, and making good choices
• Healthy Heart – A program for members with heart disease who are at high risk for strokes to provide them with information about blood pressure, cholesterol, healthy diets, exercise, and other healthy lifestyle changes
• Shrinking Childhood Obesity with Real Expectations (SCORE) – A program for overweight children and teens to provide them with information and ways to make healthy lifestyle changes.
• Care Connectors – A special team for members who need extra help with their healthcare, these associates help people connect with case managers and disease managers, set up transportation for medical visits, and find other services in the members’ areas.
Latest posts by Sally McMahon (see all)
- Six Louisville startups selected for 21st annual Vogt Awards - September 17, 2021
- McBrayer Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers® in America List for 2022 - September 17, 2021
- UnitedHealthcare uses predictive analytics to address SDOH - September 17, 2021