After a 2 year hiatus, the University of Kentucky’s Sanders-Brown Center on Aging is bringing back its Senior Star and Centenarian Awards, which recognize and honor those who exemplify graceful aging by remaining engaged in active lifestyles.
There are 2 divisions: The Markesbery Senior Stars must be more than 80 years of age, and the Wekstein Centenarian Awards recognize those who are 100 or older.
Nominations are due by October 1. Selection criteria are:
· current level of engagement in society
· significant, lasting contributions in professional and/or community life
· service as a volunteer and role model for future generations
For more information about selection criteria and/or to request a nomination packet, call the Sanders-Brown Center on Aging Foundation at (859) 323-5374
Latest posts by Sally McMahon (see all)
- Hosparus Health raises $28 million in campaign - November 21, 2021
- Write a letter or email your legislator, help Kentucky nurses - November 21, 2021
- Health Enterprises Network hosts discussion on health equity - November 21, 2021