The 6th Annual Appalachian Research Day (ARD): Come Sit on the Porch will be held as a virtual seminar series, beginning Sept. 16, 2020. ARD is an annual event hosted by the UK Center of Excellence in Rural Health to share results of health research conducted with communities in Appalachia.
“Disseminating health disparities research findings at the local level is something our Center is strongly committed to,” said Dr. Fran Feltner, director of the UK CERH.
“We value our community members and organizations who are willing to partner with us to conduct and participate in community-based research to address rural health concerns. Appalachian Research Day provides an opportunity for us to keep conversations open and continue efforts to move in a positive direction,” said Dr. Feltner.
- Reducing Environmental Exposures in Appalachia through Community-Academic Partnerships, by Ellen J. Hahn, Ph.D., University of Kentucky Center for Appalachian Research in Environmental Sciences, 2 to 3:15 p.m., Sept. 16, 2020.
- Substance Use Disorder Recovery Task Force Panel, by Jennifer Sandlin, Kentucky State Police; JoAnn Vanzant, Operation Unite; and others to be announced, 2 to 3:15 p.m., Sept. 30, 2020,
- Project Presentations by Graduates of the 2020 Community Leadership Institute of Kentucky (CLIK), by the 2020 CLIK graduates: Cathryn Forester, Ricki Draper, Sandra Jones, Sarah Olinger, Brandy Slone and Sherry Spragens. Moderated by Kathryn Cardarelli, Ph.D., director of the Community Leadership Institute of Kentucky, 2 to 3:15 pm., Oct. 14, 2020.
- Virtual Poster Session, posters will be judged and the winners will have the opportunity to present their research during this shared session. All selected posters will be published in an online gallery, 2 to 3:15 p.m., Oct. 30, 2020.
Register for Appalachian Research Day here.
Latest posts by Sally McMahon (see all)
- Meet Monalisa Tailor, MD, the newly elected president of GLMS - August 31, 2020
- No substantive changes to the 2020-2022 Kentucky State Health Plan - August 31, 2020
- New episode of HealthConomy podcast now available - August 31, 2020