XLerateHealth, a Louisville-based healthcare accelerator, will host the annual Demo Day on Thursday, October 30. The event will be held on the ground floor of the Nucleus Building. Doors open at 3:45PM, introductory remarks begin promptly at 4:15, and presentations start at 4:30PM. Presentations will conclude at 5:45. For those going to the U of L vs. Florida State football game, you will have plenty of time to make it to the game before it starts at 7:30. For those of you not attending the game, please join us after the presentations for a reception from 5:45PM until 7:00PM during which you will have a chance to meet the teams and tour the XLerateHealth space.
XLerateHealth’s second class of healthcare start-ups includes:
- Blue Sky Case Management(Louisville, KY): is a social-service agency with a proprietary automated software platform for case workers who work with Medicaid waiver participants living with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD). Blue Sky’s mobile, SaaS-based tools help case managers efficiently and effectively produce plans of care that deliver better services for patients with IDD while enhancing case worker productivity.
- Count It(New York, NY): pioneers highly social, inter-company challenges to facilitate employee engagement in fitness and wellness activities. Powered by a push-button reward platform and utilizing mobile activity sensors (e.g.: FitBit, Jawbone, Shine, etc.), the service dramatically lowers the cost and administrative complexity of conventional wellness programs.
- Gyroskope Family Network(Louisville, KY): is an online content, gaming, and social platform built for the aging population. The technology streams classic TV shows, movies, radio, and other programming on-demand. The platform also offers video and audio experiences and activities that enhance memory and cognition, as well as other features designed to connect aging individuals to their family and friends and keep them engaged and mentally active.
- Lift3D (Columbus, OH): empowers physical therapists with real time movement data and analysis in order to produce better outcomes and lower costs. LIFT3D utilizes 3D laser based imaging technology and is a highly efficient way to capture patient data that is valuable to both physical therapists and payors.
- Medbiomarkers(London, England): is a web platform seeking to accelerate the discovery, validation and utility of biomarkers for health monitoring, diagnostic, and therapeutic applications. Via its biomarker database and social network, Medbiomarkers strives to be a leading online destination for lifescience companies’ biomarker related data requirements and partnership building needs.
- NeuroAtlas(Louisville, KY): has developed software that utilizes 3D non-contrast MRI to detect and develop comprehensive analyses of several neurological disorders (including an initial focus on early diagnosis and recommended interventions for very young children with Autism).
- Personal Medicine Plus(Paducah, KY): is a mobile health platform addressing underserved Medicaid and rural populations. The software app is designed to help people with chronic conditions such as pre-diabetes and pre-hypertension become engaged to better manage their health. The technology uses a visually-appealing and simple-to-use mobile interface specifically designed for this target population.
This is a free event, but registration is required. RSVP here.
XLerateHealth supports two types of pre-venture-funded portfolio companies: affiliates, which have already made substantial progress in developing beta sites, strategic relationships, etc.; and startups, which are very early stage healthcare companies who will need intensive mentorship and support. The role of the accelerator for the Affiliate companies is to provide mentorship and networking for them to support their commercialization and institutional fundraising efforts.
Latest posts by Ben Keeton (see all)
- Kentucky-based EmsanaRx, PBC Announces Corporate Name Change to AffirmedRx, PBC - May 17, 2023
- Indiana life sciences companies raise significant venture dollars - April 27, 2023
- Columbus health tech company to power Uber Health’s same day prescription service focused on post-discharge drug needs - April 27, 2023