For 17 years, the annual Doctors’ Ball, hosted by the Jewish Hospital & St. Mary’s Foundation, has honored the service of area physicians and community leaders. This year’s event is planned for October 13, 2012 at the Marriott Louisville Downtown at 280 West Jefferson Street in Louisville.
The 2012 Doctors’ Ball will recognize some of the area’s most innovative and caring doctors and community leaders including:
- Steven J. Raible, M.D., this year’s recipient of the Ephraim McDowell Physician of the Year award
- Henry V. Heuser, Jr., Community Leader of the Year
- Robert D. Acland, M.B.B.S., F.R.C.S., recipient of the Excellence in Education award
- Susan M. Berberich, M.D., who will receive the Compassionate Physician award
- Richard Neal Garrison, M.D., honored for Excellence in Research
- Donald Varga, M.D., recipient of the Excellence in Community Service award
The black-tie event will include cocktails and silent auction beginning at 6:30 p.m., then dinner and an awards ceremony at 8 p.m. This will be followed by dancing until midnight with music by Galaxy. Proceeds support the Jewish Hospital & St, Mary’s Foundation, a part of KentuckyOne Health. The Foundation invests in outstanding patient care facilities and services, the education of health caregivers, advanced clinical research and improved access to quality medical care.
Tickets are $250 each. To purchase tickets to the Doctors’ Ball, visit giving.jhsmh.org or call 502.587.4596.
Latest posts by chelsea (see all)
- UK, Norton announce new partnership - May 27, 2014
- UofL Physicians to hold designer eyewear trunk show - May 27, 2014
- KentuckyOne Health appoints director of healthy lifestyle centers - May 27, 2014