The Louisville Innovation Summit today announced the 15 companies selected to be part of the Startup Pitch Event which will be held one month from today, Thursday, October 15. The Summit is the premiere gathering of 500 executives and entrepreneurs focused on the Future of Aging Care. Beyond the 60+ visionary speakers, the Summit also features a Startup Pitch Event where 10 national and 5 Kentucky-based companies will present and compete.
The Louisville Innovation Summit will feature a conversation between Aneesh Chopra and Dr. Jordan Shlain, as well as IDEO’s Chief Creative Officer, Paul Bennett, addressing The Powerful Now, among other sessions and discussions. The Summit, happening October 14-15, 2015, still has some space available for additional attendees. Online registration is available at http://www.lisummit.com/
The Louisville Innovation Summit Startup Pitch Event features 10 national startup company finalists and 5 Kentucky-based startup company finalists. All 15 companies are focused on innovative health technologies that will enhance and or help the quality of life for a senior adult population. The finalists will have launched their product/service within 18 months of the October event date and have not raised more than $7 million in funding. The 15 finalists will compete in front of a live audience, fielding questions from expert judges.
The emcees for the Startup Pitch Event, leading a prestigious list of judges from nationally renowned venture capital funds, include Matt Karls, VC emcee from Cambia and Chris Seper, media emcee from MedCity News.
The 10 national finalists include:
- Care Angel, careangel.com, the Miami, FL company’s Smart Care 3.0 platform utilizes simple yet powerful remote monitoring technology to gather well-being measures, daily activities and health status indicators, serving as a virtual caregiver for aging-in-place seniors.
- Chartspan, ChartSpanEngage.com, of Greenville, SC, has an innovative “Engagement-as-a-Service” platform for clinics, hospitals and health systems that integrates with its consumer health platform for patients.
- Homeward Health, homewardhc.com, of Toledo, OH acquires, analyzes, and adds meaning to psychosocial data to align predictive analytics with digital humanism, which they define as technology that brings patients and caregivers into harmony.
- Luvozo, luvozo.com, of Washington, DC, applies state-of-the-art technologies to long-term care settings, including its flagship product, SAM, which is a robotic concierge service that supplements staff with non-medical care.
- Moving Analytics, movinganalytics.com, is a Marina del Rey, CA company that helps hospitals implement remote cardiac rehab programs delivered through patients’ mobile devices.
- Neutun, neutun.com, of Philadelphia, PA, has software that uses preexisting wearable and mobile devices to track chronic and acute health conditions. Neutun also aggregrates and anonymizes the resulting data for better forecasting.
- Redox, redoxengine.com, of Madison, WI, is an integration platform to help software and cloud apps easily and securely interoperate with Electronic Health Records.
- Together+Clinic, togetherclinic.com, is a Lincoln, NE company that captures patient generated data in real time and pushes it to providers for better ongoing care, beyond the appointment.
- TowerView Health, towerviewhealth.com, of Philadelphia, PA helps chronically ill patients manage complex medication regimens with a connected pillbox system that senses missed doses and sends reminders.
- Vynca, vynca.org, of Palo Alto, CA has software that aligns care preference with care provision to enable high-quality care at the end-of-life. .
The 5 Kentucky finalists are all from Louisville, and include:
- Breath Diagnostics, breathdiagnosticsinc.com, has developed a patented technology that uses a patient’s breath to detect lung cancer.
- Edumedics, edumedics.com, is a Population Health Management company that applies robust algorithms to identify at-risk members, activate them and deliver high-touch care enabled by its Healthward platform.
- Medica Nexus, medicanexus.com, is a consumer health infomediary, which enables individuals to manage their own health information and communications wherever they connect for care.
- Psyche Comfort Products, psychecomfortproducts.com, makes Neck Guard, an ergonomic device designed for overhead work, as well as the Psyche C-PAP Pillow, a side-sleeper pillow designed for the sleep apnea patient.
- Thrive365, thrive365.com, uses a mobile platform integrated with a patented food-scoring algorithm to enable users, especially those with diabetes, to manage their diet in a way that helps stabilize their blood glucose levels.
All Startup Pitch Event companies will be judged across criteria including functionality, potential, team, creativity/differentiation and scalability. Ultimately, one winner from national and one from Kentucky will be selected and announced at the Summit. The Louisville Innovation Summit brings together 500 healthcare executives and technology entrepreneurs to provide insight, share expertise and explore new avenues to create the future of aging care.
With 21,000+ professionals producing more than $50 billion in revenue, Louisville is home to the nation’s largest collection of headquarters in nursing home, rehabilitation, assisted living and home health administration. This large industry base makes Louisville the natural place to chart the future of the industry. Guided and supported by Louisville-based Founding Partners Delta Dental of Kentucky, Humana, Kindred, ResCare, Signature and Trilogy, the Louisville Innovation Summit promises to be an enlightening experience.
Online registration for the Louisville Innovation Summit is currently open for the October 14-15 event. Registration and updated programming information is available at www.LISummit.com.
Louisville Innovation Summit Founding Partners include Delta Dental of Kentucky, Humana, Kindred, ResCare, Signature HealthCARE and Trilogy. Supporting partners include the office of the Mayor Greg Fischer and Louisville Forward. Additional sponsors supporting the Summit include AARP, CareerBuilder, CareSet, CareSource, Cisco, DMK Development Group, Hall Render Killian Heath & Lyman, Kelley Construction, Louisville CVB, National Tax Credit, Norton Healthcare, PharMerica and Ventas Healthcare REIT.
Latest posts by Sally McMahon (see all)
- Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center joins Owensboro Health - January 7, 2021
- UK Board of Trustees Approves $6 Million Gift to Support Future Engineers From Eastern Kentucky - December 15, 2020
- 2020 MediStar Award honorees announced - December 4, 2020