Premier, Inc. has recognized Kosair Children’s Hospital and Norton Women’s and Kosair Children’s Hospital with Supply Chain Excellence Awards for their high-value purchasing practices.
Only 32 hospitals and health systems among Premier’s 3,400 members were selected for this year’s high-value purchasing awards. The awards were presented on June 24 at Premier’s 2015 Breakthroughs Conference and Exhibition in National Harbor, Maryland.
Supply expense performance is measured using SupplyFocus, the industry’s largest comparative database of operational and supply chain cost information for acute care hospitals. Winners were identified using two measures:
- Four industry standard case-mix-index-adjusted supply expense ratios based on 1) supply expense as a percent of total operating expense, 2) supply expense as a percent of net patient revenue, 3) supply expense per adjusted patient day and 4) supply expense per adjusted discharge
- A peer grouping methodology that helps ensure that organizations of diverse sizes and complexity are considered equally
To be eligible, each organization had to submit four quarters of data from the 2014 calendar year to SupplyFocus. With 40 indicators measuring and trending performance in cost and operations, SupplyFocus enables hospitals to compare supply expense performance to that of similar facilities and easily identify improvement opportunities.
Latest posts by Sally McMahon (see all)
- Kentucky Office of Rural Health announces elder wellness award recipients - January 29, 2021
- McBrayer adds seven new attorneys to the Lexington and Louisville offices - January 29, 2021
- Equality vs. equity in healthcare outcomes - January 29, 2021